Monday, March 1, 2010

MEXICAN CHICKEN


Bethany Weathersby

chicken breasts
taco seasoning
salsa

Place chicken in crockpot. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Pour salsa over all. Turn crockpot to low and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Serve whole or shredded in sauce.

Notes: This is fantastic shredded and served over brown rice or used in Green Salad - Mexican Style. The amount of salsa and taco seasoning you use depends on how saucy (salsa) and flavorful (seasoning) you want your chicken to be, but one-fourth cup of taco seasoning, one cup of salsa and three pounds of chicken is a good starting point. My crockpot has the chicken fully cooked after four hours on low, but temperatures vary and you'll need to monitor yours.


2 comments:

The Carter Family said...

Thank you! This is just the inspiration that I needed for dinner! I'm trying to add new recipes into my menu planning & this is just perfect. I was searching allrecipes.com for about 20 min. then thought, "I'm just gonna check out Bethany's site" and here it is! Dinner. You've never let me down. Thanks so much for sharing your recipes with moms like me. :-)

The Carter Family said...

Also, I'm planning on using this chicken in soft tacos. I already have the other soft taco ingredients, so VOILA! Chicken soft tacos. :-)