Monday, August 25, 2008

GREEN BEANS WITH FETA & DILL


~ Kraft Salad!

2 lbs. green beans
1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/4 c. chopped red onion
1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
1/2 c. Italian dressing

Cook beans in boiling water about 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water. Toss all ingredients in large bowl.

Notes: These amounts are not set in stone. Do as much or as little as you want. I usually cook my green beans for less time because I like them pretty firm. I also like to make mine ahead of time and chill it for the flavors to blend. It's good with homemade Italian dressing, but store-bought works just fine.

Linked up at: Eat at Home


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds similar to a bean salad that my mom used to make but now buys canned from Sam's. I'm not sure of the ingredients, but I recall green beans, kidney beans, garbonzo beans, and onions and a kind of vinegarish dressing. I'll have to ask her.

BETHANY said...

I think you're talking about three bean salad, which is different than this, but also super tasty.

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

Feta added to any veggie makes it better. This sounds really good.