Wednesday, September 3, 2008

STRAWBERRY, KIWI, & SPINACH SALAD


2 T. raspberry vinegar
2 1/2 T. raspberry jam
1/3 c. (or less) vegetable oil
8 c. spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
8 strawberries, quartered
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced

Mix together raspberry vinegar, raspberry jam, and vegetable oil in small container. Combine spinach, nuts, strawberries, and kiwi in salad bowl. Toss with raspberry dressing.

Notes: This recipe is just a loose guide and quantities aren’t important. Eyeball it and do what looks good. I use store-bought raspberry vinaigrette, which is put on individual servings, because I can never find raspberry vinegar and always toast whatever nuts I have on hand (almonds, pine nuts, or walnuts). Sometimes I use lettuce or a combo of lettuce and spinach or cut my fruit into other shapes (wedged, sliced, or chopped). I love to use Pampered Chef's Quick Slice for getting the fruit prepped quickly. 

Linked up at: Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight - strawberries


No comments: