Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SNICKERDOODLE MUFFINS


~ Tiffany/Eat At Home & Sonlight Forums

2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 T. sugar + 1 t. cinnamon for topping

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin tins. 

In bowl, mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda; set aside. 

In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Add milk and vanilla, mixing until totally combined. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moistened. 

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Makes 12 muffins.

Notes: I keep a jar of cinnamon sugar in the cupboard at all times, so I skip the topping in this recipe and just use our regular stash. These freeze well.


2 comments:

Stacey said...

These are in the oven as I speak. Either I have HUGE muffin tins or I WAY over-fill the, but this made more like 14 average-size muffins or 12 large, overflowing ones (what I chose to do because I'm lazy and didn't want to wash 2 tins) but I can't wait to dig into these!!!

BETHANY said...

Stacey - You're right about it making a dozen. I wrote the wrong amount, so thanks for the heads up! :)