Tuesday, August 31, 2010

RICE, KALE, & EGGS


~ Growing in Grace/Sonlight Forums

eggs
rice
kale, any big center ribs removed
sesame oil
Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce


Put rice in the rice cooker or start it on the stove.

Chop up kale. Heat up a skillet, pour in small amount of sesame oil. Toss in kale and splash with Braggs; stir until tender.

In a separate pan, heat sesame oil. Scramble eggs in bowl, then pour into hot skillet and stir until cooked thoroughly.

Serve rice, kale, & eggs.

Notes: Quantities are dependent on how many people you're feeding, so do what works for you. I serve all three items mixed together, so after I've cooked the kale, I put some in each person's bowl, then use the same pan to heat the eggs. As the eggs and rice finish cooking, I add some to each bowl.  Or, depending on my mood and the way the day is going, I just dump it all in one big serving bowl, mix it up, then let everyone dish their own.  I've also made it with quinoa in place of rice and think it's really good with toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top.  

Linked up at: Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight - soy sauce


No comments: