Saturday, March 3, 2012

CREAMY KALE SALAD


~ Making Dough [from scratch]

1 ripe avocado, halved & pit removed
2 T. vinegar
2 t. dijon mustard
3 T. olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
8 oz. kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
1 beet, cooked, peeled, and thinly sliced
1 apple, cored and cut into thin wedges
1/2 c. toasted nuts

Combine the avocado, vinegar, mustard, and oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.

Combine the kale, beets, apple, and nuts in a large bowl. Toss with the avocado dressing. Season with salt and pepper.

Notes: I don't like avocados or beets, but think this salad is actually pretty good. I've made the salad with chopped walnuts and sliced almonds, but I'm sure other nuts would taste fine. I prefer my beets roasted instead of boiled or steamed.


No comments: