Monday, June 11, 2012

GREEN HUMMUS


~ Maryanne Gobble 

2 c. chickpeas
1 c. fresh spinach
1-2 cloves garlic
1/4 c. olive oil
1 T. lemon juice
1-2 T. fresh herbs of your choice
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. water, bean reserve, or broth

Put everything except the water in a food processor and pulse until slightly blended. Slowly pour water into the running processor until you reach the desired consistency.  If serving as a cold dip, then you can top with a drizzle of olive oil.  To serve as a hot dip, add a bit of cheese and bake at 350 degrees until heated through.

Notes: I use dried beans I've previously cooked and frozen, rosemary and/or lemon thyme for the herbs and more of it than called for, only enough olive oil or water to get it to the consistency I want, and extra spinach and garlic. In other words, I use this recipe as a starting point and tweak it to suit our tastes. I've used it as both a cracker and veggie dip and with Maryanne's green hummus grilled cheese sandwiches, but have never served it as a warm dip.

2 comments:

Kore and possibly Eric. said...

Hey, let me know how you like this.

BETHANY said...

Kore - If it's on the blog, then that means I've tried and liked it. :)