Monday, June 29, 2015

GARLIC KALE MASHED POTATOES




Bethany Weathersby

potatoes, diced
butter
milk
vegetable or olive oil
kale, chopped
garlic, chopped
salt (optional)

Boil diced potatoes until tender, then mash. Add milk and butter until desired taste and consistency have been reached.

Meanwhile, heat oil over medium-high in skillet. Add kale and garlic, stirring occasionally until kale is wilted and garlic is beginning to brown.

Combine mashed potatoes with kale mixture and serve.

Notes: I never potatoes when I mash them, but you certainly could if you wanted to. As for the kale, I rinse, stem, and run ours through the food processor after harvesting it, then freeze it in ziploc bags for easy use in recipes like this. This can be made in advance and frozen.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yum!
I did make 2 changes though. I'm lactose-free so I used lactose-free milk and left out the butter. And, I added lactose-free cheese.
The seasoning was Penzey's garlic salt.
I didn't have kale on hand, so I used spinach instead.

I don't know why I didn't think of doing this before!