I love to eat. I also have a complete inability to wing it in the kitchen. These two facts have led me to collect lots of recipes from other people. I hope you find some recipes in the mix that you like. Please leave your questions or feedback (the good, the bad, and the undecided) in the comment section of each recipe you try!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
CAJUN SAUSAGE & BEANS
~ Fix It and Forget It: 700 Great Slow Cooker Recipes, written by Phyllis Pellman Good
2 lb. smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
2 16 oz. cans red beans
2 16 oz. cans tomatoes with chiles
2 c. chopped celery
1 onion, chopped
1/4 c. Italian seasoning
Tabasco, to taste
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over rice, as a zesty soup, or with cornbread.
Makes about one gallon.
Notes: I use two cans of diced tomatoes and one 4 oz. can of chiles instead of the canned tomatoes with chiles, as that's what I always have on hand. I also use dried beans that I’ve previously cooked and frozen. This freezes well.
Linked up at: Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight - beans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We had this for supper tonight. Even my 2-year-old cleaned her plate!
Renada - Isn't it yummy? Glad the fam liked it!
Post a Comment