Thursday, March 10, 2016

GREEK GARBANZO SALAD


allrecipes magazine (I think it was the June/July 2014 issue, but I can't remember)

2 15-oz. cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-oz. can black olives, drained and chopped
2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced crosswise
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 oz. feta, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 c. Italian dressing
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. pepper

Put all ingredients in large serving bowl and toss together. Chill two hours before serving. 

Makes eight cups.

Notes: I use dried beans I previously cooked in the crockpot and froze, a 6-oz. can of olives because I think the amount called for must have been a typo and a smaller can is enough, whatever kind of tomato I have on hand, and homemade Italian dressing

No comments: