Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TOMATO & NAVY BEAN SOUP


~ Rachelle Smythe

2 t. olive oil
1 c. chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
3 c. cooked navy beans
1 can veggie or chicken broth
1 T. parsley
3/4 t. oregano
1/4 t. pepper

Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

Makes about 8 cups.

Notes: I use dried beans that I previously cooked in the crockpot and froze. Sometimes we eat this as is, other times we toss in extra seasonings and/or puree the soup. 

Linked up at: Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight - beans

1 comment:

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

This sounds so good and easy. I think I'd leave it un-pureed, just because I like the pieces of tomato. Yum!